What to Know About Elastomeric Coatings
How Elastomeric (Waterproof) Coatings Work
Elastomeric coatings are elastic paints that provide outstanding waterproofing and weatherproofing solutions. High performance elastomeric paint is designed to protect your plant from allowing water to penetrate your interior and can be used on roofs, walls, or even floors. These rubberized coatings close hairline cracks and gaps to ensure an airtight waterproof seal ideal for concrete, brick, stucco, masonry, metal, wood and other common manufacturing facility surfaces.
Elastomeric coatings are applied in a liquid form that bonds and hardens to the application surface. Once dry, they retain their flexibility and are highly durable. At the end of the day, hiring a painting contractor to enhance your manufacturing plant with elastomeric coatings can greatly increase your structure’s efficiency while providing cosmetic benefits as well.
Industrial Painting Applications: Benefits of Elastomeric Coatings
Elastomeric coatings afford the following structural improvements wherever they are applied:
- Elastomeric paints are watertight. The paint offers surfaces a secure coating that moisture is unable to penetrate. As the coat dries, open pores are blocked.
- Elastomeric coatings also boast superior weatherproofing capabilities, protecting your plant from wind and poor weather.
- Density is another advantage of elastomeric coatings. Elastomeric paint is up to ten times thicker than regular paint. This gives the paint superior strength and toughness.
- Longevity is another advantage of these coatings. Their strong make up allows them to last far longer than ordinary paints.
- Elastomeric coatings are also highly flexible. Elastomeric is a bendable material that can move within the structure it is applied to, giving it the ability to shift during changes in climate of structure settling.
- These coatings also resist cracking, peeling, flaking, chalking and blistering, as well as solvents, bacteria and microorganisms.
- Aesthetically, elastomeric coatings seamlessly bridge imperfections and gaps, offering a smooth, clean surface.
- Elastomeric coatings are available in a variety of colors and are resistant to color fading.
- Elastomeric coatings are relatively painless to apply, boasting a fast dry time, impressive adhesion strength, and minimal odor.
Why Choose ELCO Painting for Elastomeric Coatings?
ELCO Painting provides quality waterproofing solutions to protect your manufacturing plant in the manner that is most effocient and cost-effective for you. As part of our professional painting company’s robust range of services, our team offers elastomeric coating services to put your mind at ease. Quality elastomeric coatings can be used on walls and roofs alike for long-term durability and protection across your entire industrial structure. ELCO Painting applies high-performance, highly flexible waterproofing coatings that are resistant to solvents and microorganisms as well as cracking, peeling, and flaking. Ready to improve your facility? Contact ELCO Painting for your elastomeric coatings estimate today.