If you manage a commercial or industrial facility, you understand the importance of a safe, sturdy concrete floor. Concrete floor polishing is a great way to maintain your commercial or industrial flooring, and it can be expert-installed efficiently without bringing your business to a halt.
Benefits of Concrete Polishing
Concrete polishing carries numerous benefits that you can’t get when you leave the floor unpolished and untreated concrete flooring.
Polished concrete flooring is:
- More Stain-Resistant: The polishing process tightens and seals the surface of concrete flooring. This makes your flooring more stain-resistant and easier to clean.
- Less Susceptible to Moisture Intrusion: That same sealing effect makes it less likely that moisture intrusion will cause damage to the structural integrity of your concrete flooring.
- Less Likely to Be Contaminated: If the service you provide or the product you manufacture is highly sensitive to the threat of contamination, a polished and sealed concrete floor can decrease possibility of your flooring being contaminated
- Free from Dusting: Efflorescence (or salt migration) happens when salt from within the concrete moves to the surface and creates a dusty film. It can interfere with epoxy finishes and cause additional damage to flooring. Polishing seals the concrete floor to prevent dusting and its associated hazards.
Beyond improving the integrity and lifespan of your floor. Concrete floor polishing makes your workplace a better and safer place to be.
Fewer Hazards and Risks in the Workplace
Every employee, client, and customer wants to feel safe in your industrial space. Concrete polishing can help across the board.
- Polished concrete decreases risks of slips and falls in the workplace. It meets— and exceeds— many OSHA standards for workplace health and safety.
- Because it makes your flooring more reflective, you can rely on more ambient light, which should have a positive impact on your energy bills.
- It can reduce the appearance and effect of tires and equipment wear.
Since it works with your existing flooring, and doesn’t require stripping or waxing, concrete polishing is considered lower-maintenance and more cost-effective than other flooring coatings and treatments.
New Flooring, No Interruptions
Imagine how much a water, oil, contaminant, and moisture-repellant concrete floor can transform your space and improve workplace health and safety. Add to that the aesthetic improvements of a wax-free shine, and it’s hard to ignore the numerous benefits of professional concrete floor polishing.
We can polish your concrete flooring without shutting down production of interfering with productivity. And you can use your floors as soon as we’re done, so employees, vendors, and clients can get back to business.
If you’re ready to refresh or reinstall the concrete floor coatings in your commercial or industrial space, it’s time to contact ELCO, the professional painting company, for your complimentary estimate. Give us a call, or drop us a message online today. We look forward to working with you on-site!